Wednesday 10 April 2013

Blog-A-Day April #9 New Make Up!

"No unnecessary expenditures" my boyfriend said to me this month, after we'd bought a tonne of furniture for our new flat.

Good thing that all of these were very, very necessary.

I am a woman out of control.

Seriously though, I have a gorgeous nude pink and black dress for my cousins wedding this month and here was the look I was thinking of going for ...

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation 30ml (£8.99)
This foundation provides really good coverage for a really matte finish, the beautiful tone in the colour gives my skin a bit of radiance too. It's good for skin like mine that doesn't tan very easily. Normally I don't like a full coverage look, I like to keep things natural, but a complete one-tone will really compliment the look I'm going for.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Creme Brulee (£7.99)
I wanted a nude lipstick, because I'm going for excessive eyemake up on the day, so I want to keep my lips nude. This Revlon Lip Butter creates a lovely nude look with just a hint of pearly sheen. Very feminine and pretty!

Natural Collection Pressed Powder Warm (£1.99)
This really is a bargain product, when it comes to powder I generally only use it as a base for my foundation, because it prevents liquid foundation from smudging around the face or coming off completely throughout the day. This cheap and cheerful Natural Collection powder does the job nicely and doesn't break the bank.

Also, this is a bit unusual but I'm using a Barry M eyeliner instead of lip liner. The colour is a beautiful beige/brown and I couldn't find one as nice in their range of lipliners, but I've tried it out and it still looks really well when it's on.

I'm also going to be wearing my Katy Perry falsies in blue. I'm still on the lookout for some really pretty eyeshadow to complete the look.

A day well spent in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment