Saturday 13 April 2013

Blog-A-Day April #12 Holiday Make Up

That's my holiday booked for this year! Me and t'other half are on our way to Sunny Kavos for sun, sea and clubbing in June.

You know that means? I only have a month and a half to save up for my holiday make up.

It's trial and error with holiday make up for me, I nearly always get it wrong, and because holidays are far and few beween, and this will be my first one with the other half, I've decided that this year I'm going to do it right.

Of course people are full of different suggestions but so far this is probably what I'll go for...

A really good tinted moisturiser - possibly No7. My skin is dry anyway but in the added grecian heat moisturisation is everything. I'm open to any recommendations.

Concealer - a shade darker than my usual. From a budget point of view this is a really good idea, concealer sticks aren't costly and my skin will most likely change colour in the sun anyway, so this'll just work in the evenings when we're going out and I want to cover a few little blemishes.

I usually buy my mascara's and eyeliners in waterproof anyway, because I get really watery eyes when I'm tired, so I'll just take my eyemake up as normal.

I'll take my Rimmel Sunkissed Bronzer for a little bit of added glamour.

For my lips I'll just take a suncare lipbalm with SPF for during the day, and then a laquer gloss wand for at night when we go to the nightclubs.

I'll probably choose a standard nail varnish of which I know I like - like a summery coral or a warm red, and take the bottle to keep applying. I probably won't be bothering too much with changing my nail varnish during the week, as there'll be lots of other things to do.

Thankfully I have naturally curly hair that looks nicer when it dries in the sun when I'm blowdrying it. This is great on holiday because I don't have to take straighteners or a hairdryer. I am going to take plenty of leave in conditioner and a good 200ml bottle of conditioner, because I don't want my hair to dry out.

I'll be keeping you updated if I find any really good buys but if anyone has any great holiday must haves then I'd love to hear about them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment