Saturday 27 April 2013

Blog-A-Day April #25 Wedding Make Up

Hello there!

 Some of you who follow the blog regularly may know that recently I've been involved in a wedding, doing makeovers for guests. So I'll be doing a blog on the makeovers. Some of you may also remember that I made a big deal about finding good make up for myself on budget for the day, so I'll begin with showing you what I chose.

This is me on the morning of the wedding, I went with a cream and pastel pink theme for my outfit because it's elegant and feminine, and I wanted make up that complimented the colours so I went for a very minimal nude look. I probably would have done something a bit more extravagant with my hair but I was very pressed for time with doing other peoples make up. Here is a list of the make up I used for the day...

What I Used
No7 Stay Perfect Shine Free Primer (£12.50 but had a £5 off voucher).
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (£8.99) 
Rimmel Mono Blush - Smoked Oyster (£3.99)
Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - In The Nude (£6.29)
Barry M Bold Waterproof Eyeliner (£3.99)
L'Oreal Volume Millions Lashes Mascara (£9.35)
Lipcote Lipstick Sealer (£3.69)

The Mascara, Foundation and Primer I had at home anyway so I managed to get away with only spending £17.96 on make up in the run up to the wedding- and really that was more than I needed to. I could have cheated a bit more - if I had used lipstick with a bit more colour on my lips then I could have doubled that to smudge a bit of colour into my cheeks instead of buying blush, and I had an eyeliner at home but I wanted a waterproof one because it was an emotional day and I didn't want to risk having panda eyes all through the reception.

All in all it was a really lovely day and everyone complimented my choice of colours so I think things were a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment