Monday 22 April 2013

Blog-A-Day April #21 Make Up Tips for Older Women

So today I've been scouring the web for make up tips for older women, because on Friday I'm doing the make up of a few ladies that are over 50, for a wedding. I need some advice to make sure I don't fall into the same bad habits that older women often do with their make up.

These were the best bits of advice I found...

- Avoid dark colours on lips. I think I'm going to go with light seasonal pinks anyway. Dark colours makes lips look thinner , and I'm going for a moist plump look.

- Avoid powder foundations - they can enhance lines and creases in the skin and make complexions look too chalky.

- A light cream blush. I despise women who use too much blush and don't blend it properly. Just a dash of light cream blush should look respectful and dignified for the occasion.

If anyone has any other tips before Friday then that would be great! Please do comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment