Wednesday 24 April 2013

Blog-A-Day April #23 Tanning - Booths vs. Beds

I have something shocking to admit.

Before today, I was a tan booth virgin. *gasp*.

I've always been pale, so much so that my dad has nicknamed my legs the 'great white cliffs of Dover', but with a wedding coming up on Friday I decided that it was time to bring colour back into my life. These were the failed techniques I had used before....

Sunbeds
A few years ago I began to use sunbeds on a regular basis, and my tan looked really even and well. However, the long term damage that I witnessed through the experiences of a friend is horrific. You've heard the stories about what sunbeds can do to your skin - well it's true. Even if the multiple health risks don't put you off, because you're the kind of laid back gal that doesn't fear dying a very painful and undignified death. Really, who wants to even take a chance with that?

Not to mention how quickly sunbeds can become an addiction. It's just not sexy walking around thinking you look like this...

But actually looking like this....


Sprays
The only other spray tan I've had in my life was so bad that it's taken me all this time to go back for another one. It happened in the backroom of a hairdressers, where for £15 I got to stand there awkwardly in my knickers while some chavvy gum-chewing girl sprayed me up and down with some fake bake, while asking me about various scars on my body. The room was messy, the walls were dripping with tan and the podium I was stood on was so wobby that I ended up leaning on the walls - leaving massive brown streaks all down my arms. Needless to say, I've never been back!

Luckily though this time round was fantastic. I went to a place in Fallowfield, Manchester called The Sun Room. For £10 I was taken to my own little pod where in my own time I could get undressed, given wipes to exfoliate with, paper underwear and protective foot pads, and shown how to use the booth. It only took 5 seconds to spray me up and down and my tan is absolutely perfect!

In the Bed vs. Boots debate, Booths are a clear winner for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment