Monday 8 April 2013

Blog-A-Day April #7 The Pro's and Con's of Buying in Bulk

Okay so I did something the other day that I might regret or I might be really pleased with ....

I went onto Ebay looking for some Make-Up bargains and I ended up buying one of those bulk random selection things. It was only £7.99 and the deal was that I'd be getting these 10 Wholesale Makeup Items....


1 Collection 2000 Foundation 40ml or 30ml
1 Wet n Wild Mascara Blackest Brown
1 Wet n Wild Liquid Eye Liner Brown
1 Astor Eye Liner Pencil Brown
1 Outdoor Girl Blusher 5.5g
1 Royal Blusher Brush
2 Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick's Toffee Delight
2 Miss Sporty Lip Gloss 

They haven't arrived yet, and as someone who is extremely fussy with make up, I'm just praying they don't all end up shoved at the back of a drawer and forgotten about forever.

But my logic is that I'm trying something new and that even if I find a couple of things that I like then it was still worth the money.

Anyway then I carried on perusing the web for make up bargains like a woman on a mission, and I ended up finding sites that sell make up at wholesale price...but in bulk.


Now in theory, it's potentially quite a good idea, but I wonder if it would work in the long haul. So I made a list to help me decide the advantages vs disadvantages of bulk make up buying, and I thought I would share it with you all today.

Pro's and Con's
  • You're saving money. Say there's a foundation you just keep going back and buying  again and again at £8 a time. You could buy Six bottles of the stuff for about £16 and as long as you know you'll definitely use them, you'll be saving money.
  • The weather changes my skintone. I literally change the colour of my foundation about once every three months. In winter I use cooler tones and summer depends on what kind of summer we're having. I either go a shade warmer or a couple of shades darker.
  • You never run out of your must-have colours, even when they're discontinued. What's that? Your favourite lipstick has been discontinued? Not a problem when you have a cheeky six more tubes stashed away somewhere.
  • That's alot of money to spend in one go. This is the main reason I haven't actually bought anything in bulk yet. Who has a casual £30 just to spend on make up. And if I had it why not go out and enjoy myself with it, wearing the make up I already own?
  • All of those identical bottles/tubes would look so beautiful lined up on my dressing table. Yes, this really is how my brain works. Sad isn't it.
  • I like to experiment with different make up and try out new types of make up. One of the worst things we can do as women is get stuck in a routine with our make up. The world of cosmetics is constantly evolving, trends are constantly changing and it is our divine right as women to try out as many new looks as we possibly can. Who wants to keep looking the same? Bo-oring!
In the end, I decided it probably wasn't worth it for me personally, despite the appealing wholesale prices! But I'd love to hear what you all think! x

No comments:

Post a Comment