Saturday 23 March 2013

Sensationail

Even for me I have been incredibly quiet this week, but I want you to know I haven't forgotten about TLB, I've been out there doing training, doing Salesplan and doing research, and I've got some fabulous things lined up for my next few blogs so remember to keep checking the site!

One of the most amazing things I'd like to mention is something that I'm extremely excited about - Sensationail. Now unless I'm going out or getting ready for something important, I have a habit of being really lazy with my appearance. Girls you know what I mean - dry shampoo, hair tied back, quick drying nail polish that can be applied on the go. I'm even worse when it comes to spending money on treatments, I don't have a year-round tan, I leave my roots for as long as possible and I would rather paint over my nails than find £25 and an hour and a half out of my day to go and have them done. It's just how it is.

Luckily, coming to the high street is a little thing called Sensationail.
Retailing at about £70, Sensationail is a starter kit for having gel tip nails all year round, for about the tenth of the cost of Salon price. The kit comes with the Gel Cleanser, Gel Primer, Colour Gel Polish, Gel Base and Topcoat, UV Lamp and 10 different shades. Each manicure lasts upto two weeks and there is enough equiptment for 10 manicures - that works out at about £2.50 per each manicure!

I got to try out the product on Wednesday, at first the price put me off - £70 is alot of money to spend on something that, like all my other failed quick-fix manicure attempts, may just end up in the back of a cupboard. I needed answers - what does Sensationail have thats different?

Well for a start, this new product may be different to anything the average consumer in Britain has ever bought, but Japan are way ahead of us on the DIY Gel Tip front. Kits like Sensationail have been big over there for about 5 years!

So I met the lovely people of Sensationail and they allowed us all to play around with their starter kits. What I loved was the fun aspect of the product - unlike other nail varnishes all the colours that come with the kit are mixable. You can just use a little bit of tin foil to blend colours, and because the UV lamp means the polish dries instantaneously, it leaves room to be creative - add a sheen effect, add some glitter, try out a few different shades on one hand.

I was also impressed with the lasting effects of the gel nails. This is my manager's hand mid-way through the process.

As you can see she went for a bold Crimson colour, which not only looks perfectly finished and glossy, but professional. The process is fool-proof, the effects are fantastic and for just 10% of the price you'd be charged in a nail salon, it's undoubtedbly economically sensible.

Sensationail is an effective, quick and easy process that means that busy girls, budgeting girls and tired girls can leave their nails to the last minute without feeling the pressure, and I for one cannot wait to get my very own starter kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment