Thursday 28 March 2013

Red Lips

Ok so at work this weekend we're doing "Give It A Go Friday" - basically every friday and into the weekend, we try and persuade people to try out something new. As much as 70% of women admit that they are stuck in a rut with their make up, so this is a good way of trying out new things and playing around with new looks.

Our first theme is red lipstick. There's so much to be done with beautiful red lips. I personally love using the theme to create a vintage look - using hair rollers, red lips and matching red nails.

One thing I always say though is that if you're doing something bold with your lips then you should keep eye make up minimal, there's nothing worse than going around thinking you look fabulous and actually looking like a clown!

Here are my top 5 bargain products to get red lips this weekend....
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain - Romantic £7.99

A lipstain is a fantastic way of making sure that your lips keep their colour. I love this deep crimson colour, and although I'm no Emma Stone, I'm always impressed with the results. I would reccommend buying the balm also to keep your lips nice and moist.

Maxfactor Lipfinity - Fiery £10.99

This is a little bit of a luxury buy, but completely worth it. I justify it by not having to pay extra for the balm as that's included. Lipfinity not only makes a beautiful sparkly red colour of your lips, but keeps that "just applied" look about it. It's fantastic.

Bourjois 3D Effect - Rouge Democratic £7.69

Although this is a gloss, the application is quite waxy and thick, and creates a very nice deep glossy colour. It's nice if you want something a little bit different to a usual Matte red, and the thin applicator brush ensures a precise application. It's very glamorous!

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish - 22 £5.49

This was my very first ever red lipstick, and I always tend to go back to the Kate collection for a perfect Matte look. Maybe for me it's hazed with nostalgia , but I absolutely love this product. I have both 01 and 22 which are both reds, but the 22 is the one I use the most.  Unlike some lipsticks this applies really easily, has a great bold colour and is lightly scented.



Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer - Stellar £5.99

This is only a recently tried product but I just absolutely love the rich colours of the Apolcalips collection - particularly this trendy coral red. It just brings something completely new and vibrant to the theme of red lips, it really is a celebration of colour.


Those are my top five, but there's something no lipstick wearer should live without...
A lipstick sealer like this one from Lipcote really seals in the colour - there's nothing more sad than faded lipstick. The formula is great, not too runny, not too sticky, just the right consistency to keep you looking fantastic. You can pick these up from any chemist or drug store for £3.69, and the effects are long lasting.




1 comment:

  1. What red nail varnish would you recommend hun as i am going to give the red look a try ^^

    ReplyDelete