Sunday 12 May 2013

Cover or Correction: What Is Your Skincare Offering You?

These days, any Skincare worth its salt offers you a solution to at least a few skin - related problems; we're well past the days where one product solves just one issue, and a womans dressing table had to be full of different creams and lotions.  Yet - plenty of women do still have draws just full of different creams - only now they claim to do several things instead of just one. With so many different products floating around - are we blindly throwing our money at products before we really understand why we need them?

One of the most popular items that I'm always asked about is the Nanoblur Optical Skin Cream. Now there are similar products that are jumping on the success of Optical Skincare, such as Garnier Perfect Blur - and I suspect that many more are yet to come.

I'll be really honest with you here - I've tried both of these products a few times now and I don't think they're actually offering me that much for the money. Yes, I understand that there can only be wonderous optical science behind the formula, but for me Optical Skincare feels like a bit of a con. I always feel that the result is minimal at best and I definitely wouldn't feel confident going bare-faced with just one of these products. It's easy to see the appeal to women, and I definitely applaud the idea of formulating a cream that will help women be more confident in their skin. But for me the most use I got out of these products was using them as a primer underneath my foundation - and I'm sure plenty of women will agree.

Personally, I would much rather something with a bit more coverage. And I like the idea that what I'm putting on my face is improving my skin rather than disguising its problems.

I have always been a believer that every girl needs a really good quality BB Cream in their make up bag. However, with the introduction of the CC Cream - these sort of products have even more advantages. Colour Correction has more benefits to me personally, especially with ones such as Maxfactor that have a lovely thick formula - it almost lets me indulge in my worst make up habit of caking the foundation on, on a guilt free basis.

Lastly, here is a product that I think is going to be just fantastic...
Seventeen have a foundation that is not only for coverage - but for the treatment of spots. I gave the product a go this month and at first I was sceptical. I'm not always a fan of Seventeen. Although their products are budget friendly, I often find the quality to be below standard. However, I was impressed with this - I thought the consistancy of the foundation was nice and thick with good coverage, but also spread well. I haven't used it enough to know whether it is a really effective spot-defence, but just knowing that products like this are on the increase is a good peace of mind - and I predict this is something that other brands will be bringing out in their own name very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment