Saturday 24 August 2013

Greasy Skin and Poor Decisions : My £25 Foundation mistake.

For those of you who are aware, I work at Boots' and occasionally we get double  discount days. These are a big deal because that makes Boots' own brand products nearly 50% off!

When our last double discount day coincided with a greasy skin week, I got a bit trigger happy with my bank card.

These are what I ended up with.

Your initial thoughts might not be of absolute "what the hell woman", but I'll explain why these were stupid reckless purchases.....

1) No7 Intelligent Colour Foundation
This is a popular foundation and fairly so; the clever formula means the foundation adapts to your skin tone, leaving a very natural finish.

This was a poor choice for me - the formula is incredibly greasy and generally targeted at an older market. The consistency felt horrible on my face and at some points I wasn't sure whether I needed to reapply because it had worn off my skin, or whether it just looked SO natural that it was fooling either me. Either way, there was definitely not enough coverage for my liking. The second mistake I made was bulk buying ..... Even if it was an absolute bargain at the price I paid, I now have an unopened tube that is completely useless to me. 

 2) Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Foundation.

I actually thought I'd really like this but it was just soo greasy. With previous creamy foundations, I've found that once the first application dries, theres still a fair amount of coverage, but this was totally wrong for my skin and whenever I put it on I felt like I was moving it around my face - not applying it. I'd reccommend this to anyone who suffers with dry skin though.

3) Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I actually didn't mind this, at £3.99 it's cost friendly and there are some really nice, warm colours in the collection. However, I dislike the packaging as I always lose the lid - and as someone who likes to reapply on the go, this rendered the powder almost useless for me. In my opinion - all powders should have attached lids, preferably a mirror in there too, and a nice soft thick sponge to get your hands around. This was cost friendly, but felt cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment